Unity Developer (core gameplay)
Cubic Games is a development studio that joined Nexters in 2022. Starting as a small team, we've now grown into a full-fledged game development studio with over 120 specialists. Our mission is clear: to craft unique pixel games. One of our notable creations is the immensely popular shooter, Pixel Gun 3D, enjoyed by more than 5 million players worldwide each month.
As we expand our team, we're on the lookout for a skilled Unity developer who's ready to come aboard and contribute to the development of our latest action-packed game, Block City Wars. We offer you the exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic and creative team, crafting games for millions of users worldwide.
Why it will be interesting:
- We combine the flexibility and speed of a mid-sized company with the ambition and drive of a startup to create a unique environment for work and creativity.
- We value open communication, support and continuous development, provide a high level of autonomy and the ability to make responsible decisions.
- We have clear goals and plans for the future, and working for us gives the opportunity to be involved in making cool games that millions of people around the world play.
- Right now, we're at the most exciting stage: active development is underway, and each day brings new tasks and challenges.
- Develop new core features for the mobile shooter.
- Program game logic.
- Refine and enhance existing mechanics.
- Collaborate with game designers, artists, and the QA department.
What we expect from a candidate:
- Three years of experience with Unity and programming in C#.
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Programming principles and the ability to apply them in practice.
- Experience in developing multiplayer games.
- Understanding of game mechanics design principles and experience in creating gaming systems.
- Experience working with various game mechanics, such as character controls, artificial intelligence, physics interactions, etc.
What will be a plus:
- Experience in developing multiplayer games using Photon Unity Networking.
- Commercial experience in developing 3D mobile projects for over a year.
- Availability of a portfolio showcasing personal or commercial projects.
- The ability to assess implemented features from a user experience perspective.
- Creative thinking and a positive outlook on things.
- A passion for games and extensive gaming experience.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work on a new action game.
- Option for remote work or the opportunity to visit our office in Armenia at your convenience.
- Official registration according to the Labor Code of Armenia or an employment contract for remote work.
- Assistance with registration of residence permits and social cards in Armenia, including for family members.
- Fully transparent salary, vacation of 28 calendar days and additional sick pay up to 100%.
- Voluntary Health Insurance (VHI) in Armenia from the first working day.
- Support for professional development through training and conferences.
- The chance to participate in workshops, masterclasses, and attend lectures from both Nexters employees and invited experts.
- Engaging in corporate events, both online and offline, along with welcome gifts and presents for various holidays.